COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
9 Brushing Tips for Healthy Teeth
Thecondition of your teeth and gums can affect your self-esteem, your social life, and even your general health. With professional dental care from affordable dentists and a great oral hygiene routine, almost everyone can enjoy a lifetime of healthy smiles. Dentists recommend brushing twice a day to keep your teeth and gums healthy, but is your brushing technique giving you the best possible results?
Even if you’ve been brushing your teeth the same way your entire life with good results, give these nine tips a try.
- When brushing both the inner and outer surfaces of your teeth, hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle, and use half-tooth-wide strokes to brush at the gum line.
- Hold your brush flat and use back-and-forth strokes to brush chewing surfaces.
- When you brush the interior surfaces of your front teeth, tilt the brush, and use the toe of the brush to make gentle strokes in an up-and-down motion.
- Spend 30 seconds on each of the four quadrants of your mouth. Your total brushing time should equal two minutes.
- To remove food residue and freshen your breath, brush your tongue from back to front in a sweeping motion.
- Use toothpaste that bears the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval.
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. It should fit the size and shape of your mouth comfortably, and easily reach all surfaces of your teeth.
- When your toothbrush is three to four months old or shows signs of wear, replace it. Frayed bristles do not clean your teeth properly.
- To keep up with the age of your toothbrush, record the date you started using it on the handle with a permanent marker.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Sweetwater, call today at or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Sweetwater. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .