We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: January 27, 2014
Toddlers and Tooth Brushing – How to Inspire Kids to Brush
As a parent, it’s your job to keep your kids’ mouths healthy. Finding an affordable dentist in Sweetwater is part of the solution, but routine dental care alone won’t guarantee a healthy smile. Proper oral hygiene to prevent the early onset of tooth decay is essential. If your kids kick and scream every time they see a toothbrush, you’ll have a serious challenge on your hands. Fortunately, there are some tooth brushing tips and tricks that can make it easier to win the battle of the brush.
8 Ways to Make Brushing Easier
- Get your children accustomed to dental care even before their teeth arrive by wiping their gums gently with a wet washcloth.
- Brush your own teeth in front of your child, and make it look like fun. Your child may copy your behaviors naturally.
- Offer your child a choice of fun products like character toothbrushes, fruit-flavored toothpaste and flavored dental floss.
- Add a playful element to the dental care routine. Play music, sing or have pretend conversations with your child’s teeth.
- Pretend to brush the teeth of your child’s favorite stuffed toy or doll.
- Associate the act with a pleasurable activity. For example, brush right before a bedtime story.
- Keep track of brushing activities, and reward consistent behavior.
- Brush at the same time every day.
Let Your Family Dentistry Experts Help
If you’re losing the battle of the brush despite your heroic efforts, consult an affordable dentist in Sweetwater for help. Your dentist and dental hygienist may be able to offer suggestions or assist you in the process of instilling good dental care habits. Even if you do convince your little ones to brush regularly, be sure to visit the dentist regularly to catch potential problems early.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Sweetwater, call today at or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Sweetwater. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .