What a White Tongue Says About Your Health
Your tongue can say more than your think and can actually tell you about your digestion. The true story is shown by the color or coating that shows up on your tongue. Discover what these digestive signs are showing about your health.
State of Your Digestion
How well your body metabolizes food is shown by the coating on your tongue. This coating appears in the middle and back of your tongue. It shows the state of your digestion and indicates any problems. Look for these signs:
- No coating on your tongue might mean that your body is exhausted and is not producing enough fluids to promote healthy digestion.
- A light, white coated tongue reflects the state of your digestive function.
- A heavily coated tongue indicates poor digestion, which is caused by excessive pathogenic fluid.
A Sign of Candida
When you have a white tongue, then you probably have an overburdened digestive system. An overworked system results in slow digestion and improper function. This leads to a buildup of a bacteria or yeast called candida, and all of this shows on your tongue. If you have a white tongue, try these helpful solutions:
- Proper Oral Hygiene: Bad bacteria need to be prevented from entering your system and affecting your digestion. This is why you should brush your tongue whenever you brush and floss your teeth. Why should you brush your tongue? It helps to remove harmful particles in your mouth that could affect your digestive system. And, if you have a coated tongue, it’s another reason why you should brush your tongue to remove bacteria buildup.
- Enzymes: Consume foods, beverages, and supplements that provide your system with enzymes, which improve your body’s ability to metabolize foods, as well as increase your mineral absorption.
- Probiotics and Fermented Foods: These powerful foods and beverages deliver live enzymes and healthy probiotics straight into your body, providing one of the easiest and most effective ways to get your digestion back on track. They prompt your digestive system to produce more beneficial bacteria, which is needed to fight candida and correct any digestion issues.
- Spices: Certain spices improve your digestion, such as turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cardamom, and fennel. Try adding these to your foods and beverages.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Eating healthy foods, in proper amounts, allows your body to metabolize food at a normal rate and keep your digestion running smoothly.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Longwood, call Advanced Dental Care of Longwood today at (321) 594-2628 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Longwood. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Longwood, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Longwood.