Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
If you’re unhappy with your dull and discolored teeth, then call a bleaching dentist in our Sweetwater office at (321) 594-2628 and we can help you. Discoloration can be a function of the aging process as well as our lifestyle choices and dietary habits. Smoking can cause nicotine stains on the teeth; coffee, tea, and red wine can cause overall discoloration; medications, whether prescription or over the counter, can cause discoloration of the teeth. Teeth whitening can restore your teeth to a gorgeous white and it’s easy, affordably, effective, and popular so call us today at (321) 594-2628 if you have questions or want to schedule a consultation for teeth whitening in Sweetwater.
What Are the Advantages of Professional Teeth Whitening?
Although it may be tempting to try a DIY kit, a professional whitening procedure can save you time, money, and headache in the end. There can be underlying issues that are causing your tooth discoloration and those can only be diagnosed by a dentist. Professional whitening gels are stronger than those available for tooth whitening at home. You’ll achieve more dramatic results in less time than you would with an at-home treatment. Application of teeth whitening gel in a dentist’s office is done by professionals, so it’s safer. For these reasons and more, professional whitening is definitely advantageous to a DIY home treatment. If you have more questions or want to schedule a teeth whitening appointment in Sweetwater, call our office at (321) 594-2628 and we’ll be happy to help you.
Should I Just Do Teeth Whitening at Home?
We offer our patients teeth whitening kits to use at home, and those are the products that we recommend. If you want more information on our customized, DIY teeth whitening products, then call our Sweetwater office at (321) 594-2628 and we’ll schedule an appointment for you.
What Should I Expect to Pay for Professional Teeth Bleaching?
The cost of a teeth whitening procedure will depend on several factors. The product you select, the number of treatments you need, and any insurance coverage you may have will all have an influence on the final cost. Before you commit to the procedure, we’ll provide you with a detailed estimate of your teeth bleaching cost so you’ll know exactly what to expect. Call our Sweetwater office at (321) 594-2628 to schedule your initial consultation or if you have more questions.
Are My Dentist’s Teeth Bleaching Products Really Safer Than The DIY Products?
There can be underlying causes for teeth discoloration such as decay or a filling that’s gone bad, and only a dentist can determine that. If you’ve had restoration dentistry, your crowns and fillings might not accept the whitening gel to the same degree that your natural teeth do. Your teeth bleaching dentist can advise you on the best way to get your teeth the whitest you can if you’ve had restoration dentistry. A professional application is safer because we have lots of experience ensuring that the bleaching gel doesn’t get on your cheeks or gums. Call us today at (321) 594-2628 in our Sweetwater office and we’ll answer any additional questions and schedule an office visit for you.
What Are the Steps of the Teeth Whitening Procedure?
The exact steps of your teeth whitening procedure will depend on the teeth whitening product you select but generally, you can expect the following steps for your teeth whitening procedure:
- The first step in your procedure involves a thorough examination of your teeth and gums to ensure that teeth whitening is an appropriate procedure for you. Then, we’ll clean your teeth so that the whitening gel will be the most effective.
- We’ll probably take photos of your teeth before we begin, ensuring we have a before and after comparison. This helps ensure that you receive the maximum benefit from the whitening procedure.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor in your mouth to fully expose your teeth, make sure your inner cheek will be protected from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll coat your gums with a protective liquid so that they’re protected.
- We’ll apply a coat of bleaching gel to your teeth and let it set for the amount of time that’s specified by your product. We’ll then remove that layer of gel and apply another. This procedure will be repeated until all the coatings have been applied and then we’ll compare your before and after photos.
- We may use a special light to enhance the effectiveness of the gel, depending on the whitening product you’ve selected.
- Your teeth bleaching dentist will evaluate your teeth after the final coating has been removed and will recommend any additional treatments either in our office or at your home.
If you’ve decided to regain your gleaming smile, then call our Sweetwater office at (321) 594-2628 and let us help you. We’ll answer all your questions and schedule an office visit for you. We’d love to help you get started on your beautiful new smile.